Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I've made a good start...

So then...

Two days in, and I'm still alive. Public transport, rain and 6am starts are conspiring to make it less fun, but so far so good.

Most important news to report is that I get a £10 per day "refreshment" budget. And because I'm on a student campus, everything is very cheap, so it's tricky to actually spend a tenner.

Yesterday, I started off tentatively. I had an Americano at each of my three breaks (they're £1 each) and at lunch I had a BLT sandwich, a grape and melon fruit salad thingy and a bottle of water (to counteract the caffeine). All this came to a grand £6.30.

Today, I decided to try harder. During my first break I had a cappuccino, at lunch I went for a chicken salad baguette, fruit salad, banana, shortbread biscuits and a bottle of water, and in the afternoon had a cup of tea with a huge piece of lemon drizzle cake, which I ate all of. Oli would have been proud. Even so, despite my efforts, I still only spent £7.50.

I'm thinking that I may need to go for the bacon butty and a cuppa when I get there first thing tomorrow. I may yet get to spend the whole £10 if I really put my mind to it.

Oh, and the police training stuff is very useful. So far I've filled in about 47 forms for various things. And as we know, the ability to fill in forms is an essential police skill.

3 comments:

Oli Tee said...

I smiled when I read this. To Claire and I you sound like our very own Uncle Traveling Matt - out in the real world finding out everthing.

It sounds to me like you need some serious training when it comes to spending your lunch money ... I happen to be a black-belt in this dark art, and can train you if you wish. Failing that, you could just spend the remainder of your money on cakes and muffins, and post them to Claire and I. Any donations will be gratefully received ;o)

As for us museum folk, you'll be pleased to know that nothing has changed. I still come down to the office looking for you. So much so, in fact, that I've painted a red face on a soccer ball, and named his Wilson. He's my new friend.

Crikey, all this reading about someone else doing some hard work is making me tired. I'd better be off to bed. I've got a long day at work tomorrow. I think we're allowed to play with fuzzy felt tomorrow, and possibly some finger painting.

Au reservoir,

Oli.

Oli Tee said...

Tim, It's here:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.8658&lon=-1.9116&scale=5000&icon=x

Can't remember what it's called. Shops like that often don't have a name ;o)

Happy Birthday, by the way. Another year older, eh? Not that we're allowed to talk about such things, since highlighting the differences in age among colleagues is tantamount to ageism, and a breach of your human rights. :o)

Phil said...

Tim, if you do manage to find the uniform shop, would it be too much to ask for pictures?

For... erm... research purposes, obviously.

Happy birthday and all that!