Monday, September 10, 2007

Old skool

Today, I went to Boots and bought a meal deal. I had a ham and emmental sandwich, prawn cocktail crisps and a raspberry and cranberry Innocent smoothie. Jolly nice it all was too. The only reason I mention it is because it's the first meal deal I've had since leaving the museum, and it kind of evoked a certain amount of nostalgia. Almost made me want to spend the afternoon in Action Zone Two, surfing the internet, sorting out felt-tip pens and generally avoiding work. This was not to be however, and instead I went to Ikea and bought furniture.

2 comments:

Oli Tee said...

Ah, alas. Those days are long gone. They make us do proper work now.

I remember that "Action Zone Two" of which you speak. I often used to poke my head in there to see if Phil had returned, but was always scowled at by some stranger. Very depressing. :o(

They've even begun to shame or execute those who stray from the norm, such as those of us who have been purchasing illegal kettles and toasters. I'm keeping my head down, but I fear its only a matter of time before they discover that I haven't actually done any work in the last 4 years.

However, there is some good news in all this: Claire and I have been maintaining a regular daily vigil at Starbucks ... so there's no need to close this blog JUST yet ;o)

Unknown said...

It's true, I had to start doing some real work too, every day in fact, as such I had to resign and grow a beard.